Wednesday, May 13, 2015

Exposing the scammer's accomplice....Abdan bin Munir!

PRELUDE: If you're visiting for the 1st time, you would have to read my post about how I was scammed first, before coming back to read this. Do come back to this post though, the story in this post is such an unexpected twist from the story of the scam, and so full of drama and mystery, that once this is all over, I can probably write a book about it and easily earn back all the money this fucking scammer duped me of. Sigh, to think all this stupid shit just because I was trying to get a date!
___________________________________________________________________

Most of you visiting here would have probably seen the link to this blog shared by 'Scamvic KL' on Facebook. As you might guess, that profile belongs to me, which I created to make the story of how I was scammed as viral as possible. Firstly because I wanted to warn other women about it, but also because I wanted to find someone who had information about the owner of the bank account holder which I was duped to bank money into to help the asshole who scammed me going by the name of Derry Johnstone. That bank account belonged to a man named Abdan bin Munir.

Facebook didn't appreciate me spamming too many of the same comments in a short span of time (a message will pop up telling me to slow down or get my account suspended, coz' Facebook doesn't like spammers. I'm sorry, Mark Zuckerberg, but I really needed to do this). My efforts paid off as after a few days of regular spamming at a rate accepted by Facebook, I got contacted and added by someone who is the son of Abdan bin Munir, who claims his father is innocent. After some investigation, I'm quite sure this person is actually Abdan's son, based on the number of photos on his profile, and his listed family connections, which led me to a profile of his mother which showed her married to a man named Abdan bin Munir. After some interaction with Abdan's son, which I will refer to as HN, I believe he and the rest of the family most likely truly have no idea about this scam or his father's involvement in it. Due to this, I see no reason to embarass HN and the rest of his family directly by revealing their identities or photos (and I DO have their names and photos, thanks to HN's surprising innocence in friending me and allowing me access to all this information - another reason why I believe the family is innocent. And a reason why you peeps should be careful who the hell you befriend on Facebook). I only have a problem with Abdan bin Munir, who after much suspicious activity has made me 100% convinced that he is assisting the scammer. 

My Facebook Conversation with Abdan's Son

Here's the conversation I had with Abdan's son who messaged me first (for international readers, Malays use the first name of their father as their last name, hence I did not delete the son's last name). HN claimed that his dear 56 year old dad has no idea about this scam and that Abdan planned to make a police report the very next day. He then claimed that his father just realized his bank ATM card went missing. 




I explained to him the summary of all the transactions I made on 1 May 2015, including the time and amount. I also asked for evidence to confirm who this person really was, i.e. the screenshot of the online bank account no. HN did not give me this. Not surprising, of course.


At this time, I was rather disappointed. If it was true that Abdan's bank ATM card was stolen and being misused by someone else, then it would be next to impossible to finding out who used it. 

But then I thought, it still doesn't quite make sense. The thief who stole the card would have had to know the PIN number of the card in order to use it. That would mean the thief is probably someone this Abdan fella knows well enough that the he told the thief the PIN number or the thief correctly guessed the PIN number based on Abdan's personal info, like a birthday. So I continued to question and ask for more evidence. 




See, I'm pretty nice. I give people the benefit of the doubt that they are telling the truth, and didn't downright accuse HN of bullshitting. 

The phone call from Abdan bin Munir

So the next day, I got a call from a number 017-9144083, which I missed as I was working. This number is also the same number belonging to an Abdan bin Munir advertising online a health cream for females, which among other things, helps to firm up breasts. So I do believe that this is the actual person named Abdan bin Munir. 


So I called back and a Malay guy picks up, i.e. Abdan. He then tells me what the son said, that he has lost his ATM card, and that he had not been using his bank account for a long time and there was little or no money in it. I asked how could anyone have know his card pin number and if he told anyone. He said he had no idea how (coz' that's the easiest answer to give). He apologized and said he had asked his bank to block the card (but not shut down the account), but I was completely unsatisfied. I asked him nicely if he could just email me a copy of his bank account with his address and other personal info blocked so I could verify what he told me. If it was true his bank account was empty prior to my putting in my money, it would all show in the statement. He said he would talk to his son about it and hung up. 

I decided to message HN again, asking for the same thing and explaining further that I just needed to see the evidence. After I saw this and was satisfied that it proved their claims were true, I would be happy to remove Abdan bin Munir's name from my blog to avoid further embarassment to him and his family. 

But from then on, HN refused to respond to ANY of my Facebook messages. I figure, he's probably keeping quiet under orders from his father and it made me even more suspicious. Benefit of the doubt from kind hearted me.


I even tried to convince him further that I wasn't trying to scam him and only trying to get evidence of his story, by sharing a testimony of another lady who 'Derry' tried to scam.  



After all that, HN was still quiet (until now). So I tried calling Abdan again at his 017 number. No response.

The Super Suspicious Whatsapp Conversation with 'Abdan Bin Munir'

NOW here is where is gets FUN! Later yesterday evening (Tuesday, 12 May 2015), I got a Whatsapp from ANOTHER number claiming to be Abdan bin Munir and using his photos which pretty much looked like some of the photos I saw of him on Facebook (linked to his son and wife's Facebook profiles). I am VERY sure that this Whatsapp number was being used by someone else pretending to be Abdan. His 017 number, which is almost certainly his actual number, did not even show up on Whatsapp, yet this other new number did. 

Now if Abdan was using 2 numbers, wouldn't it make more sense that his primary number which he posts online would have Whatsapp instead of any other contact numbers he has? Just saying. 


But I played along to see what happened. And hence commenced the most bullcrap shit story I had to deal with in one day, second only to the bullshit crap story told by the scammer 'Derry Johnstone'. 

It's mostly in Malay, so don't worry non-Malay reading readers. You get a free translation from yours truly!


He told me that he couldn't pick up my earlier call as he was was at the mosque (so spiritual he is). He asked what I wanted and I said I was asking for the bank statement and police report. Also told him he could cover up his address and private info as I just wanted to verify that his story was true. 

He then said he would tell me the true story as long as I didn't tell his family and children. I said ok (and technically I'm not lying. I'm not telling them directly. I'm just blogging about it. I have princples too, you know).

Next, he told me he actually gave his ATM card to a Japanese woman he had met on Facebook, and he sent me a photo of her. He explained that this woman could not open a bank account and so he let her use his ATM card, but now figured she was using it for scams like the one I was involved in. 




I was getting annoyed at this point at it was sounding like a very bullshit story. I insisted that I wanted to see his bank statement and the police report made. Then I questioned more on this woman and asked her name. 

After 10 minutes, he told me her name, which was a very Phillipino sounding name, and then said she's a mix Japanese- Phillipino woman. He also said that the woman wanted to start a boutique in Malaysia and she used his account 2 months ago so her sister in the USA could transfer RM100,000 to her to start her business. 


He also gave me her supposed contact numbers, which I did not bother to call, coz' I'm pretty sure there would be another scammer telling more bullshit stories at the other end of the line. 

After more questioning, he said he'd never even met this woman. I was laughing at this point. I asked, if you had never met her, how did you give her your ATM card? He said he couriered it to her and showed me a courier slip with her supposed address. Which was actually a name of a restaurant in Cheras. 



So basically this guy expected me to believe he couriered his ATM card to a woman he'd never even met in person before and only on Facebook. Right. I was still laughing my head off.

Then I asked what language he spoke to her in, and he said English. From then on, I just spoke in English to him. And I demanded for the screenshots of his conversation on Facebook with this woman, to prove his story. 

Not surprisingly, I did not get a single shred of evidence, not the conversation screenshots, or the bank statement and police report, even though he said he would. I had waited long enough and decided I had had enough. 



He then said he had gone to the police station. I was pissed coz' his son told me he planned to lodge a police report the day after I had contacted him, which should have been on Monday, i.e. the same day his supposedly went to the bank to get his ATM card blocked. Now he was saying he was at the police station on Wednesday. Why did he take so long to make a police report?

To make it even more weird, a man claiming to be a police officer contacted me later, saying that Abdan had lodged a police report claiming his account had been misused after gave his ATM card to a Malay woman. 

A MALAY woman?? He had told me she was a Japanese, then a Japanese -Phillipino, and now she was a  MALAY?? WTF. 

Which is why I blocked the eyes and name of this woman, because he knew I would check her on Facebook, and I did find her profile. But I figure he was just using her photos for his bullshit story and this person posts a lot of very public selfies on her page, which makes it easy for people to copy and misuse (why do idiots still do this? LEARN HOW TO USE FB PRIVACY SETTINGS, for goodness sake!).The courier slip could have easily been filled in with fake details and not even proof that he had sent anything. 

Needless to say, I had had enough of the bullshit and demanded back my money, else his story and his bullshit excuses would go on my blog. 



Not surprisingly again, he did not respond to me any more after that, in fact both this 011 number and his 017 number was off the whoooole day after I sent this message. I know because I sent both numbers an SMS that also did not get through until after 11pm. 

I still haven't gotten back my money though. So hence here is the post...telling Malaysia and the world, Abdan bin Munir, husband and father to at least one son and 2 daughters and I think has a few grandkids, has shown irrefutably that he is a bullshitter and in very likely in cahoots with the scammer pretending to Derry Johnstone, as well as his accomplices. This post is fully intended to embarass and pressure him and his scammer friends to give me back the money that was cheated of me. 

Did I say I wouldn't post any photos of his family coz' I think they're innocent? Well, maybe just a one lovely of Mr. Abdan and the wifey. I got plenty more where that came from. Son, daughters, grandkids, family wedding photos....man, you people really need to learn how to use Facebook privacy settings. 


2 comments:

  1. You mean the Malaysian Polis still cannot get hold of the culprit? -Sanjeev S.

    ReplyDelete
  2. they are not just scammers Leizl is a drug courier too doing meth amphetamine and that man surname is not Apopo but maybe Akono, Malaysian immigration collect a bribe not to disturb the Cheras Mafia as most of them have no visas so the ultimate scammer of Malaysian people is Malay police that love Nigerian donations

    ReplyDelete